Fire, Heat and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Optical sensing smoke and fire alarms are sensitive at detecting large particles of smoke, which tend to be produced in greater amounts by slow smoldering fires, which may smolder for hours before bursting into flames. A battery powered optical smoke alarm is suitable for areas adjacent to where cooking fumes are often present. It is very easy to install and maintain.
- Miniature design
- Photoelectric sensing technology
- Battery operated (battery included)
- Alarm Pause feature
- Low battery warning
- Loud 85dB alarm
- Instant test feature
- 5 year comprehensive warranty
Heat detectors have been developed for use in places where a smoke detector is not suitable, for example in places with high air temperatures, high humidity or in dusty environments such as attics and garages. Condensation or cooking fumes may also cause a smoke detector to be activated falsely.
Alberta’s battery operated heat detector consists of a 9V battery operated device incorporating the latest Advanced Thermistor sensing technology. It is very easy to install and maintain.
- 9 volt – Battery Operated (battery included)
- Detects heat, not smoke
- Low Battery Warning
- Compact Design
- Advanced Thermistor Sensing Technology
- Loud Piezo Electric Alarm
- 5 Year Guarantee (alarm only)
Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Carbon Monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odourless, deadly gas. Because you can’t see, taste or smell it, carbon monoxide can kill you before you even know it’s there. It is found in fumes produced with the burning fuel in cars or trucks, small engines, stoves, lanterns, grills, fireplaces, gas ranges, or heaters. CO can build up indoors and poison people and animals when it is breathed in. The most common symptoms of CO poisoning are headache, dizziness, weakness, upset stomach, vomiting, chest pain, and confusion. CO symptoms are often described as “flu-like.” People who are asleep can die from CO poisoning before they even have symptoms.
A portable battery powered CO alarm can be easily installed on the wall or placed on a table. It is ideal for homes or to take with you on holiday.
- Battery operated unit provides protection even during a power-cut
- Test button and LED allow simple verification of alarm operation
- Electrochemical Technology
- Battery included
- Loud 85db piercing alarm function 5 year warranty CE marked BSEN 50291 approved