Safety is the top priority when you have a gas fire BBQ. Follow these simple steps to quickly and safely extinguish a gas fire.
Keep a fire extinguisher and fire blanket near the BBQ at all times.
- Always keep a phone in reach.
- Make sure your BBQ isn’t close to anything that catches fire easily.
- If the fire is still contained, turn off the gas. This will stop the gas feeding the fire.
- Close the lid.
- Close the gas tank supply, if the fire is in the hose itself.
- If you are unable to reach the knob, use the fire extinguisher and call 112. The fire could quickly move to the tank, which would be extremely hazardous.
- Clear the area immediately and call 112 if the fire is in the tank.
Please enjoy your BBQ responsibly. #albertaprevents #albertaprotects