Our Equality and Diversity Policy
Equality is all about promoting and fostering everybody’s right to be different and free from discrimination, whilst, Diversity is about creating a culture that values individual differences.
Here at Alberta, we are committed to eliminating discrimination in the workplace whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, marital status, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or belief, ability or disability.
We are also committed to promoting equality by treating people fairly and with respect, by recognising that inequalities may exist, by taking steps to address them and by providing access and opportunities for all. This policy is at the heart of the Alberta Group’s activities. Team members, clients and suppliers are all treated fairly and with respect and access and opportunities are available to all equally.
We do not tolerate harassment, bullying, abuse or victimisation of an individual, which for the purposes of this policy and the actions and sanctions applicable is regarded as discrimination. This includes sexual or racially based harassment or other discriminatory behaviour, whether physical or verbal.
We work to ensure that such behaviour is met with appropriate action in whatever context it occurs. We are committed to taking positive action where inequalities exist, and to the development of a programme of ongoing training and awareness in order to promote the eradication of discrimination and promote equality throughout the organisation.
We commit ourselves to the immediate investigation of any claims, when brought to our attention, of discrimination on the above grounds and where such is found to be the case; we will ensure that the practice stops and those sanctions are imposed as appropriate.
Our Quality & Environmental Policy
Product quality, reliability and customer service are the key pillars of Alberta Fire and Security Equipment Ltd. We are committed to an ongoing effort to continually improve our internal processes to ensure timely delivery of excellent quality Fire and Security equipment to our clients, while minimising the environmental impact and enhancing environmental performance. It is the company’s policy to:
- Comply with all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements and environmental compliance obligations;
- Maintain a safe and environmentally friendly work environment, be it at the office, on site or whilst travelling;
- Ensure that the needs of the internal and external stakeholders are fulfilled, including well being of employees, subcontractors, adequate resources allocation, and customer satisfaction;
- Encourage concern and respect for the environment and train Company’s employees to the right level of awareness to contribute to the effectiveness of the Quality and Environmental Management System;
- Communicate its QEMS Policy to all stakeholders including employees, customers, suppliers and subcontractors with the aim to cultivate an environmentally aware culture with Company’s internal and external interested parties;
- Maintain the emergency preparedness and response plans to respond efficiently and effectively to incidents;
- Promote the principles to reduce, re-use and recycle across the organisation to target adequate control of waste and resources consumption throughout the lifecycle, and to protect the environment, including reduction of the impact to air, land and water pollution.
Alberta Fire and Security Equipment Ltd undertakes regular reviews of its performance to ensure compliance with this policy and achievement of the set QEMS objectives and targets.
Alberta Fire and Security Equipment Ltd is committed to ensure Quality and Environmental compliance in line with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015.